DBS and POSB have featured a promotion with the Cathay Pacific app for destinations to Japan via Apple Pay.
Apart from the contactless transaction from the terminals in the retail outlets, some apps are able to support Apple Pay which means, you are able to pay for purchases on your apps with fingerprint with Apple Pay. There is no need to re-enter your name, credit or debit card details and address as these data are retrieved from the Wallet app securely.
According to DBS Lifestyle website:
Exclusively for DBS/POSB Cardmembers on Apple Pay:
- Enjoy special two-to-travel fares to Japan from S$578/pax all-in when you book on Cathay Pacific app with Apple Pay.
- Receive a free Wolero limousine ride (one-way) for first 300 customers with a min. spend of S$1,100.
Destinations in Japan:
- Tokyo Narita: From S$578
- Nagoya: From S$608
- Osaka, Okinawa, Fukuoka: From S$618
Travel period is from 23 May 2017 to 15 Nov 2017
Steps to use Apple Pay on Cathay Pacific app:
- Select a destination and travel period and proceed to search flight.
- After selecting departing and returning flights, proceed to enter passenger details.
- At ‘Payment method’ page, select ‘Use Apple Pay’ and proceed to book flight.
Terms & Conditions:
- Promotion valid from 09-MAY-2017 to 24-MAY-2017
- Valid with a minimum purchase of 2 tickets in one booking.
- A free Wolero limousine ride (one-way) is only applicable for the first 300 customers who use DBS/POSB Card on Apple Pay to make payment on Cathay Pacific app.
- Free Wolero limousine ride is only valid with a minimum spend of S$1,100. Limited to one redemption per customer per card per day.
- Customers who are shortlisted for the free limousine ride will be informed via email by 31 July 2017.
- Cathay Pacific’s terms and conditions apply.
Apple Pay is supported on iPhone SE, iPhone 6 and later and on the Apple Watch, paired with an iPhone 5 or later.
Refer to our How-To Guide to add a credit or debit card to Apple Pay.
Source: Fares to Japan (from S$578/pax)